Thursday, October 16, 2008

Blog Feature - PILARINA'S BOUTIQUE

This week I want you to all run over and take a peak in Pilarina's Boutique. You'll find some adorable clothing and goodies...and some unique Guatemala inspired items. Take a look and remember that Christmas is just around the corner...time to start shopping!!! Click HERE to check it out...

********************************************************

What is your shop name and URL?
Pilarina's Boutique

Tell me two (or more!) interesting things about you.
I work full-time as a clinical systems analyst - but I LOVE designing and sewing children's clothes. I have two kids - a boy, 4 and a daughter, 2. My daughter came to our family through adoption. I love to travel, read, hike, camp and RUN.

What do you sell in your Etsy shop?
I sell children's clothing and some accessories.

What inspires your creations?
Mostly my little girl, I dream up things that I just know will look adorable on her... but also just watching what other kids like and respond to and then trying to incorporate that into FUN and COMFORTABLE clothes.

Tell me a bit about your creative process and/or how you learned to do what you do.
I began sewing as a little girl with my mom and grandma. I took many years off - but recently came back to it in a bigger way than ever. Sometimes, I lay awake at night dreaming up new outfits. I need to start keeping a notebook by my bed to write down my ideas!

What makes your shop unique?
First, I have some Guatemalan Flag t-shirts that have been a huge hit. Secondly, I do not use patterns - I experiment and sew items "from scratch" and then make my own patterns. I also do a lot of appliques on shirts - which, again, I design and draw on my own... and I like to add bows in unexpected places. :)

Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?
http://www.brotherandlittlebitty.blogspot.com/ is my blog about my family and my life. My shop is http://www.pilarinasboutique.etsy.com/.

Tell us a bit about your adoption.
Where are you in the process:

We brought our daughter home in January of 2007. Our whole process took 9 months, start to finish.

International or Domestic?
International from Guatemala.

What do you want others to know about adoption?
I have a biological son and a daughter who was adopted. I want people to know that they are both equally my children. They came to us differently - but the love you feel is equal. Adoption has touched our life in a way I never imagined it would. Pilar is our little miracle and I thank God every day that we were led to adoption for our second child.


No comments: