Friday, August 15, 2008

Blog Feature - LOVEYS FOR YOUR LOVE

This week I'll be featuring Loveys For Your Love. It's a sweet and unique shop filled with lots of one of a kind goodies. Katie is rasing money to adopt a child with special needs and has chosen to put her tallents to good use. Purchasing from Loveys For Your Love will help unite a child and family!

********************************
What is your shop name and URL?
Loveys For Your Love

Tell me two (or more!) interesting things about you.
I love to sew. We have six children between us already. His, hers, and ours, and I want to adopt one more.

What do you sell in your Etsy shop?
Mostly sewn items like quilts, but also some crochet dishcloths and whatever else I come up with. I just love to make things. It is such a great feeling to think Wow! I did that!

What inspires your creations?
The need to create! I also write, and sewing is much like writing in that you never know what you will end up with. You might start out with something very specific in mind and along the way your mind takes you somewhere else.

Tell me a bit about your creative process and/or how you learned to do what you do.
When I was a little girl my mother sewed clothes for my doll and I learned some basic sewing in Girl Scouts and school. I loved it. I made a special unique quilt for each of my children and in doing so remembered how much I loved sewing and started looking for new projects I could sew. I would go to the store and intead of buying things I would say "I could make that!"

What makes your shop unique?
Everything you find there will be one of a kind.

Where else can we find out more about you and/or your creations?http://katie8471.livejournal.com/

Tell us a bit about your adoption.
Where are you in the process?
Saving money to start a homestudy.

International or Domestic? Can you tell us about your journey so far?
Not sure which way we will go this time. Our last adoption was international. This time we are looking for a waiting child with special needs. It may be domestic or it may be international. Who can say where you will find your child? All I know is that somewhere out there is the right child for us.

What do you want others to know about adoption?
Adoption doesn't make you second class, it only makes you special in a different way. My adopted children are no less my own than the children born of my body. So please don't ask us about his real parents. WE are his real parents.



1 comment:

The Kentucky Artisan Heritage Trails (KAHT) Program said...

Great feature! Good luck on your fundraising efforts!

Kathy
SoapWerks